Saturday, March 13, 2010

Stator Earth Fault


The voltage each generator phase of R,S and T found unbalance can read from Neutral Grounding Resistor (NGR) measurement.

Grounding resistor in the neutral will limit the ground fault current in case of an stator ground fault. Typically the resistor is chosen to limit the maximum fault current to approx. 5 - 15% of nominal current. A Uo voltage protection measuring across the resistor will detect stator ground fault and disconnect the generator.


As far as my understanding, NGR/NGT is connected to Neutral of Generator, but how by controlling the current in neutral terminal help us in restricting the fault current which flow inside the generator?

NGR is connected with transformer which primary transformer is grounded and secondary transformer is paralel with resistor and stator earth fault relay.
















5 comments:

  1. Having read this I thought it was really informative. I appreciate you finding the time and energy to put this short article together.
    I once again find myself personally spending a lot of time both reading and leaving
    comments. But so what, it was still worthwhile!


    Look into my blog post - diet plans that work for women

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it ωhеn folκs come togethеr and ѕhare ideas.
    Great blog, keеp it up!

    Feel fгee tо visit my blog post :: resistor resistance

    ReplyDelete